Are Dental Implants For Me?
Sometimes your teeth fall out. While this is a natural occurrence in children as they lose their baby teeth, it is not normal for adults to lose teeth. Tooth loss usually occurs as a result of an injury, periodontal (gum) disease, or tooth decay. Having missing teeth is embarrassing and can lower your self-confidence. Prior to implants, your only option was dentures.
While dentures may work for some patients, they may not be the best option for others. Both implants and dentures serve the same purpose in that they replace missing or severely decayed teeth.
What Are Dental Implants?
A dental implant is a titanium post that is placed directly into the jaw bone. Dental implants are designed to be a foundation for replacement teeth that look, feel, and function just like natural teeth.
The Benefits of Dental Implants Include:
- Restores Your Natural Appearance. Implants feel and look like your natural teeth. Since they are fused into your jaw bone, the implants are permanent.
- Improves Your speech. It can be hard to talk with missing teeth or slipping dentures. Since implants are secure and are like your other teeth, your speech will be clear and understandable.
- Improves Your Comfort. Unlike dentures, implants are comfortable and give you peace of mind knowing that they will never slip or fall out.
- Let You Eat Easier. Dental implants won’t slip or fall out or cause pain when eating crunchy, hard or sticky foods like dentures can. With implants, you can keep eating your favorite foods.
- Increases Your Self-Esteem. Since dental implants are like your natural teeth, you don’t have to worry about embarrassing slips with dentures or gaps from missing teeth. You’ll once again have your natural, beautiful smile back which will restore your confidence and help you feel better about yourself.
- Betters You Oral Health. Dental implants don’t require reducing other teeth, as a tooth-supported bridge does. Because nearby teeth are not altered to support the implant, more of your own teeth are left intact, improving long-term oral health. Individual implants also allow easier access between teeth, improving oral hygiene.
- Are Durable. Dental implants typically last many years. They can last a lifetime if taken care of properly.
- Are Convenient. While dentures slip and are removable, implants are a permanent fixture of your mouth. With implants, you simply need to care for them like all your other teeth. No embarrassing removal of dentures, or messy adhesives required.
At Grove City Dental, we are dedicated to improving your overall health, which begins with your oral health. We are committed to providing you with the highest standard of care, using the finest materials, the latest technology and the most advanced skills. While we focus on your comfort, you will receive a truly remarkable and relaxing experience.
Schedule an appointment with us today to see how dental implants can improve your quality of life as well as your oral health.