Between the ages of 17 and 25, a third set of molars grow in the back of your mouth. It is often recommended that they be removed for a handful of reasons:
- Wisdom teeth often get impacted, which means they can be trapped in your jawbone or under your gum tissue leading to infection and pain.
- They also can grow in unevenly which can lead to the crowding of your other teeth.
- They can be very difficult to keep clean, leading to cavities.
- Most people’s mouths are not big enough.
- Eruption pain and discomfort.
- Non essential for function or oral health.
The wisdom teeth removal surgery lasts about an hour. We offer several types of anesthesia to help make this the best possible experience. We use local anesthetic to numb your mouth and then offer laughing gas or a conscious sedation pill to help this experience be as comfortable as possible.
For further information and to answer all the questions you might have please schedule an evaluation by calling Grove City Dental in Blackfoot, ID at (208) 782 0242